Wednesday, February 18, 2015

And the babies are...

Today was an important day, our first day of stacked doctors' appointments.  We saw Dr. Gonzales at 1:30 and glory be, it was so much more pleasant.  We had our ultrasound with the most adorably perky nurse.  As she conducted the ultrasound, she cooed over and talked to the babies on the screen. She confirmed the three gender guesses and was able to also get Baby A to cooperate. Are you ready to know? Drum roll please!

The Mottlets are three girls and one boy!

After making fetal measurements, the nurse did my first cervical measurement.  Then Dr. Gonzales came in, looked over the pictures, and spoke with us. The babies are measuring 5- 6 ounces, Baby A is the big 6 ounce girl.  She is in the 92nd percentile!  Their heartbeats ranged from 140-150 bpm.  Dr. Gonzales was much more personable this time. He smiled as he spoke with us and confirmed that my cervix is doing well, holding strong.

Donny and I headed down to the second floor with smiles on our faces!  In our appointment with Dr. Straughn I was able to run down my symptoms.  All of them were expected pregnancy symptoms.  Well, all but the rib muscle that I pulled today.  I'm moving like an old lady. Man a pulled muscle hurts! Every move and cough hurts! I think it was a combination of coughing, throwing up the other night, and the pressure on my ribs as I grow bigger and bigger.

On a more positive note, our babies are movers! I feel them nearly every day now.  This morning from 4 -7 they were practicing their ninja skills.  It's hard to sleep when four babies are flipping and kicking around inside you! It's sleep I'd gladly miss, just to know our Mottlets are happy and healthy. Please continue praying that the babies grow, my cervix stays strong and tightly closed, an my BP stays regulated.  All of your prayers and support are so incredibly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment