Sunday, August 24, 2014

4th verse, same as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

Whew, being back in school has kept me incredibly busy the past couple of weeks. I haven't had time to update all of you on our on going journey to parenthood. I had my fourth IUI on Sunday the 17th.  Because it was a Sunday I saw the on-call doctor who happened to be Dr. Malizia. My cycle was actually synced to the month, that made it the 17th day of my cycle and the latest I've ovulated so far. I was nervous about that, but when I asked Dr. Malizia about it she was not concerned. The procedure went perfectly and we were out the door in about 40 minutes. Now everyone in the office that is qualified to get me pregnant has tried.

When I called Tuesday to make my follow up appointment I was told that since Dr. Steinkampf has approved me for three more IUI procedures and has been happy with my past levels, I won't need to come in two weeks after my IUIs anymore.  I will have blood drawn for a progesterone level on Monday and then do a home pregnancy test on Sunday the 31st. After that I'll either wait for my next IUI or go in for pregnancy blood work.

I have to admit, being back in school makes the two-week-wait much easier. The most I thought about it this week was related to the requisite back-to-school germs! Yep, I have already had my first nasy cold if the year. "Darn, I can't take anything for this cold because I might be pregnant," was the closest I got to thinking about a maybe baby. Yesterday, I did find myself going to one of my favorite pregnancy websites, www.countdowntopregnancy.com. They have neat tools to calculate due dates and other important dates in a pregnancy. Hey, I can dream! It is a good thing that the work week will not give me any extra time to think about a maybe baby.

Hopefully next Sunday I will have happy news to report - a BFP (big fat positive)!

No comments:

Post a Comment